Saturday, March 10, 2007

Shame on us!

I know, it's been awhile since I last posted.

Things have been busy since Karina left, so hopefully this album of photos will appease you until I have time to organise all of the ones we took. Click here and you can see the pictures that Karina took (it is supposed to include the ones that I took as well, but I can't seem to find them on my computer, and will have to upload them again).

I went back to work last Tuesday, and it was good to see all the kids again. They're just so cute! I was exhausted by Friday though, and luckily the week seems to have flown by. We saw the movie Blood Diamond with Alex and Anja on Thursday, and loved it, although it probably wasn't the best movie to see right before going to bed, we couldn't stop thinking about it. Last night we headed out to Anja's neighbourhood in the 20th for free couscous. Unfortunately, by the time Erik got off the phone with the tax people (his comments: "Canadians are so good at their jobs! And so friendly!" Seriously, when are you ever happy to talk to someone about taxes?) and we got all the way out there, the free couscous was all gone, and we had to settle for some 'international' fare at a restaurant/club in a converted train station. Very interesting building, and we were sitting overlooking the old tracks that used to circle the city. The food was good (I love that hamburgers and french fries are considered reasonably fine dining here) but we were pretty wiped, and luckily called it a night in time to catch the last metro home. Today we hit the gym, and Erik is now busy watching rugby, and I should be busy working on transcribing an interview for one of the parents at the Nursery School. But updating the blog seemed like a more important task, so there you go. Another exciting week in review.

Our French continues to hover around the 'upper mediocre' level, and I learned a new word last night when I incorrectly told someone at the gym that I 'bossed' at the Tour Montparnasse. The funny look I got as the fitness class started told me that I hadn't understood the question, and I now know that 'bosser' means 'work', and no, I don't in fact work at our lovely neighbourhood tower. I've also started reading the Devil Wears Prada in French, and it's going well, but it's really amazing how many words you can not understand and still follow the story. Probably helps that I've seen the movie. :)

Hope everyone is doing well. We're having lovely spring weather, and it was really too warm for winter coats on the way to the gym today. I know that we'll be paying for this mild winter come July, but I have conveniently forgotten how ridiculously hot it was last summer. Plus, at least we have a fan now.

Once rugby is over (is it ever over? We've got an afternoon of it scheduled for tomorrow too. It's the big France-England game of the Six Nations Tournament. France is supposed to win, and I'm sure Erik will be wearing his jersey to bar) we're off to get the makings for risotto. It's time to start using up some of the things that we brought back from Italy at Christmas, and it's been a while since Erik made his specialty.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

No comments: