Monday, May 28, 2007

Daily life

It's been a slow month for posting, and I've just realized that I've only posted three times in all of May! Yikes! I guess it has been a fairly quiet month, one with a total of four long weekends (today is the last one), and one where Erik was pretty stressed for most of it, and therefore, not a whole lot of fun. Not that I can't entertain myself, but in an effort to save up for our trip to Canada, I've discovered that many days off + no money makes some things a lot less interesting.

Anyway, here's a recap of what we've been up to for the last couple of weeks:
  • Erik went to Montreal for an interview with Concordia, which he thought went very well.
  • Erik did his presentation for the permanent French position at his lab.
  • I was offered a full time job at one of my schools, but then they changed their minds. Because I'm not French. That was a fun week.
  • We got dressed up ('casual chic'--what does that tell you?) and went to a cocktail party at the swanky Hotel Crillon. It was a fundraiser for one of my schools, complete with a live auction where a signed guitar was sold for 3000 euros. Very fun. Plus, there was champagne.
  • We went for apperos on one of the many bridges over the Seine. It's an event that gathers Parisians in one location every Thursday night in the summer for BYOsnacks and drinks. It was fun to see the tourists pushing through the crowds of us on the bridge, amidst bottles of wine and party mix, with looks of confusion on their faces.
  • We went for dinner with Erik's aunt, uncle and cousin who were passing through Paris on a recent European trip that they took.
  • Our good friend Alex has decided to accept a job transfer to Switzerland for next year. :(
  • all the clocks on our blog are an hour behind, but I can't be bothered to fix them. We have a real clock in our bathroom with the same problem.
  • I've been quite bad about bringing the camera with me, as I have absolutely no pictures of any of these things that we've done.
That's about it. I can't believe that it's almost June already, and that we leave for Canada SO SOON! We're a bit excited.

No comments: