Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Questions

My summer vacation is almost over. As much as I am going to miss surfing the Internet and reading Anthony Bourdain books (highly recommend Kitchen Confidential, A Cooks Tour and The Nasty Bits) I am looking forward to seeing the kids and teachers again on a regular basis. The start of all school years seem to involve some sort of shopping, it wouldn't be a new year after all without some retail therapy to numb the pain of the end of your freedom. As a result I spent some quality time at WH Smith picking up some books for school, and I also splurged on some new clothes for the fall (a necessity seeing as I've been wearing the same clothes for almost 12 straight months now. The summer skirts and dresses never stood a chance in this weather).

Hmmm...that was a bit of a tangent. My whole point today was that I was checking my stat counter today (something that I probably won't get around to doing very often once school starts), and I'm always surprised by who is reading this blog. StatCounter is a handy little tool that can tell you the countries and sometimes the cities of the people reading this blog. I like to think that it's mostly people that we know who are reading, but I'm not so naive to think that anything on the Internet is that private. I think I can make some pretty good guesses about the make up of the Canadian contingent, and I'm going to assume that Steve makes up the 3% Japanese readership but almost 50% of the readers are apparently coming from the States and someone in Germany logged on yesterday. So, who are you? I know you're reading :)

Leave me a comment, or send me an email. The curiosity is killing me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

surprise! it's me reading your blog - sorry, not very exciting news is it!