Sunday, March 09, 2008

Bye Bye Vacances

So, it's back to work for me tomorrow (sniff, sniff). Despite being on holiday for the last two weeks, I've managed to do a fair amount of work, finishing off with a 5 hour marathon at the gym today. And good old Erik came and took his first BodyAttack class, and can still walk, so things are good :)

I have to admit that, aside from the hours I've worked at the gym, it's been a fairly unproductive two weeks for me, but I enjoyed the down time. Some highlights include:
-making bagels. Pretty easy, and almost as good as Kettleman's.
-Les annees folles an awesome exhibition of clothing, accessories and make up from the 20's.
-watching the entire first season of Dexter. And then starting on the second, and getting Erik hooked.
-going for a wine tasting dinner at a friend's house. We were served some fantastic wines, and the food was pretty awesome too.

I really wanted to do a lot of cooking, but soon realized that anything sweet that I make is going to be eaten almost entirely by me and Erik the day that it's made, and that complicated dishes usually produce enough to feed 6-8. We learned the last one the hard way by eating lasagne twice a day for a week.

So voila! Hope everyone is doing well. The next big thing for us is our quick trip home at the end of the month. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your lives bore me. Send the extra food to me in the mail. Cheese doesnt go bad...neither does beer!
Can you tell who this message is from? I've never bothered to leave my valuable and oh so the money comments.
Waiting for the food, and youz to come to where the boring times can't reach....(rhymes with Jumbo Ham...if you say it really quick)

Anonymous said...

What your coming home!! I hear Hamilton is lovely this time of year...you should check it out..hehe
:)Amaris
p.s. your blog made me hungry