Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Winter Wonderland



It's been snowing A LOT here in Paris lately. In the five years that we've been here, I've never seen so much snow, and never so early in the season.

I took the first picture a couple of weeks ago when it first snowed. I was amazed at the amount that was on the ground. (can you even see it? I'm pretty sure I had to zoom to be able to see the white.)



Turns out that was nothing compared to what has come down today (the snow never sticks around). It started snowing around noon today, and it's still going strong.



These last two pictures we taken about two hours apart from our kitchen window, and you can really see how much it has piled up. The roads are a mess, and I had to laugh at the little screen in the metro that tells you about any service problems: this afternoon it was announcing that bus service was quite delayed. And like a good Parisian I battled the snow with shoes and an umbrella. Not quite ideal, but I made it home in one piece. Now I wonder how many people will be at the gym tonight?

No comments: