Friday, June 16, 2006

Ack! Long time no post...

Sorry about the lack of blogging...we've been kind of busy around here, for no particular reason.

Here are some highlights:
  • We helped Zoe move yesterday from her awesome house in Villejuif to her even awesomer new apartment in the Marais. We ate dinner afterwards at L'As de Falafel, and Erik and I are officially jealous of her new neighbourhood. It's awesome. I have also decided that I am never moving with furniture again! I am still impressed at how awesome Zoe's move was. Her new place is on the 5th (so 6th for all you North Americans) floor of a super old building and there's no elevator. I thought it was going to be pretty bad, but the whole thing, from Villejuif to being finished was maybe two hours tops. We each took three trips up with stuff, and it was done! It wasn't nearly as hard as I was expecting it to be.
  • Our building had a party on Tuesday night. I won't write too much about it because Erik took some pictures, and it really could be it's own post, but it was really nice to meet the other residents.
  • We said goodbye to Hilary on Monday night. She is our Australian friend who was here studying French, and left on Tuesday to travel around Europe. We sent her off in good Canadian style with another well recieved pancake night. (Hilary lived in the apartment that Zoe moved into). At our pancake party we discovered that Hilary's (now Zoe's) roommate has done the Shikoku-no-michi! What a small world! Didn't get too much info from her because I was busy flipping pancakes, but I'm looking forward to finding out more, and now I REALLY want to do it!
  • Zoe and I have been trying to figure out a way to keep Pam here all summer. And Alex and I are working on convincing Zoe to stay longer. It's hard to believe she's thinking about leaving in the fall!
  • It was sooooo hot at the beginning of the week. It's when it gets above 30 that you really realize that NOTHING is air conditioned. I think I will be spending a lot of time in the frozen food section of the Inno...
  • Only one more week of school! Woohoo!
***********************
Does this make us European?

Tonight, we ate dinner at 10:45. We both really wanted to go to the gym, and the class I took ended at 9:30, but it wasn't like we could have eaten before either...we both got home around 7:30 and headed out almost right away. When we first got to Paris, it used to drive me nuts that dinner time was so late. Now I can't figure out how we could possibly eat any earlier. I think about going to the grocery store around 5:00 now, and we rarely eat before 8:00. It will be interesting to see what happens to these habits once we get back to Canada...

**********************
Here come the visitors!

As I write this, Nancy and Daryl are on their way across the ocean to visit us! Can't wait to see them, and we are looking forward to visiting Champagne with them the last week in June.

**********************
Alrighty, I think that's it for now. I have been horrible at responding to emails lately, and I apologize.

Mom, how are the parties going? How many days till you're free? I loved the photos that Rob sent, they look great!
Joan, thanks for the postcards and the pamphlet, they arrived today. And also thanks for the 10 month congratulations. Can you believe it's been almost a year?
Steve, guess what's coming to Paris in September???? Erik donned a scarf mawashi and stolled around Paris throwing salt into traffic circles when he found out....
Melissa, the pictures of Noah are too cute, and I can't believe you're moving!!
Karina, we loved looking at your pictures. When are you coming back???

Ok. Now I really need to go to sleep.

Hope everyone is well, we'll talk soon.
E+T

No comments: