Friday, September 15, 2006

Why I love our grocery store


Not only does our local Inno have an amazing wine selction on a regular basis, it also has a Foire aux vins on right now. I haven't quite figured out what makes this fair special. Aside from the many posters, the red carpet and the decorative trees, it's still the same old wine section, if not a bit smaller than usual due to all the renovations that are happening in our store (demain sera plus beau-'tomorrow will be prettier' is a common slogan for stores undergoing renovations).

But wait. There are wine tastings. They were tasting champagne when I was there at noon today. There is free delivery for your purchase of more than 50euros of wine. And, I think you can pay in installments if you have the Monoprix card, but that seemed like an odd thing to offer for something like booze.

Anyway, Erik and I picked up the catalogue (yes, there is a catalogue) that they recommend that you peruse at your leisure, then come back in and stock up on your favorites. Which I'm sure we will do

Sigh. What will we do when the grocery store doesn't sell wine anymore? It seems like such a foreign concept...(like fat free yogurt. And margarine. Remember when I liked that stuff??)

No comments: