Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sneaky Snackers

At Christmas I received as gifts a few small boxes of chocolate, one of which was in a pretty dish that I put by the television.

While Steve was visiting, he and Erik would often stay up watching sumo and drinking sake late into the night. Wasn't I surprised one morning to wake up to a kitchen table covered in chocolate wrappers and an empty candy dish. All I could say was: "you ate ALL my chocolates?" I guess I need to start watching more sumo, and I had obviously forgotten about the hold that chocolate has over Erik and his family :).

This morning I got a nice email from Joan, thanking us for the Christmas package that they finally received. She went on to mention that the box of chocolates that we had sent were delicious, and that Howard had really enjoyed them as well. So much so, apparently, that when Joan returned from work, all that was left was an empty box.

I always thought it was women who have a hard time controlling themselves around chocolate!

Maybe we should get Howard his own box next year?

(and this is still not nearly as sneaky as the squirrels that ate an entire box of chocolates that I sent to my mom a while back. Apparently, Ottawa squirrels have good taste :) )

No comments: