Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Matter of Perception

It's getting cold in Paris.

The temperature today was aroud 2 degrees.

Erik put long johns on to go to the gym. We've had to turn the heat on overnight.

Then we realized that 2 degrees in Toronto would feel like a spring day. We might go to the gym in sweatshirts. We'd think that summer was on its way.

We're getting wimpy.

And if one more person tells me I should be used to it, I'm going to snap. Just cause I'm Canadian doesn't mean I like the cold.

Don't worry, we don't expect any sympathy. But if anyone is looking to escape the cold, may we suggest Paris? :)

1 comment:

Ed And Tracy said...

Hey guys,

I know how you feel. Ed and I get the "you should be used to the cold being Canadian" down here in New Zealand all the time. And yes, it gets cold here. Last winter it was down to 4C at night and 8C during the day. Add in the dampness and that fact that Kiwis don't insulate their homes and yes, that is cold. So I believe you that 2C is cold... But luckily it is summer here now. I guess it wouldn't make you feel any better to hear that it was 28C today?

Cheers,
Tracy