Saturday, February 10, 2007

Crepes, please!



Why haven't I made these sooner? SO EASY!

I was inspired by Alex's apparent ease with this recipe, and the 3 euro crepe pan that I impulse bought a month ago. Knowing my own extreme lack of willpower, I needed a reason greater than just Erik and I to whip up a batch of these delicious, fantastic, super yummy snacks, otherwise, I probably wouldn't have any trouble polishing off all of them. And lucky for us, Alison arrives tomorrow morning, and I thought they would be a nice treat when we get back from the airport. So whip them up I did, tonight after our dinner of take-out sushi. The non-stick pan actually worked better without extra butter in the bottom, and the trick was to pour off the excess batter and cook them until the edges pull away from the sides of the pan (I was a bit impatient with the first couple, and they are all ragged). And of course, our filling of choice was Nutella, and I thought I share a couple of pictures to show the progress we're making on our 1.5 kg bottle of the stuff. Not too shabby for two people!

No comments: