Monday, June 18, 2007

Re-entry

It's been two whole days now since we arrived back in Canada, and here are some of my observations so far:
  • The customs guy actually looked at both of our passports.
  • It's strange to speak to strangers in English
  • I keep thinking that random people are speaking to me, just because they're speaking English
  • Ottawa is really clean, and it smells nice
  • Tax is a nasty little surprise when you buy things
  • I don't understand how line ups work here.
  • I can make deposits at the bank machine.
  • Service at restaurants is REALLY friendly
  • my bed is incredibly comfortable
  • I wish all my friends lived in Paris.
As much as I may have complained in the past about how quiet Ottawa always seemed compared to Toronto, I have to say that I'm really enjoying it right now. It's a beautiful city, with lots great neighbourhoods, and even though everything seems so spread out, so far everything has actually been pretty close.

I've been busy catching up with old friends. I went out for brunch on Saturday with Zoe, Liane, Mark and Trevor. Saturday was Alison and James' wedding, which was so much fun I had a rough time getting going today. It was fun to see all my old friends from high school at the wedding, and Bianca even did a ballroom dancing demonstration, which was fantastic. Their wedding was beautiful, Alison looked amazing, as did James in his RCMP uniform.

That's about it. Tomorrow I head out to Toronto, which Erik tells me is quite fun.
Canada's looking pretty good so far....

No comments: