Thursday, October 30, 2008

For the Love of Pumpkin

How one can of pumpkin can become two delicious, delicious treats.

First up was this scrumptious pumpkin cake with Jack Daniels soaked raisins and spiked whipped cream. Erik was particularly excited to get to the grocery store and discover that Jack Daniels was on the grocery list, and the feat of him whipping cream with a wire whisk has brought me a little bit closer to my ultimate goal of one day bringing home a stand mixer. Who needs to go to the gym when there is cream to be whipped? :) We had Alex and Marie over for dinner last Saturday, and we had this cake for dessert, but unfortunately we didn't finish it. Which meant that there was lots left over for me to eat with lunch for the next three days.

Luckily the pumpkin cake only called for one cup of pumpkin, and not wanting to let the remaining cup go to waste, I whipped up these pumpkin cookies this morning. I replaced the currants with bourbon soaked golden raisins (yes, I am same girl who used to pick all the raisins out of the cinnamon buns that mom made. Apparently the trick is to soak them in booze.....) and eliminated the pumpkin seeds. I now have a ton of cookies sitting in the kitchen, and the only thing preventing me from eating them all right now is the fact that I'm typing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made the pumpkin cake and spiked whipped cream for dessert this evening and it was a hit!! Debby