Sunday, November 15, 2009

Progress

I know, I know, it's been awhile, and I'm sure that you're all dying to know what we've been up to here at our humble abode. Aside from a nasty case of assumed food poisoning (my stomach of steel apparently wasn't up for steak tartare) we spent this weekend buying, painting and installing the baseboards in our main room. In case you were wondering, yes, two metre pieces of baseboard do fit on the metro, but not easily.

So, here's your tour:

Lighting fixtures on one wall. I don't know if Erik is more proud of the installation or the fact that he's wearing a suit.

I'm still not 100% crazy about these sconces, but they are certainly an improvement on the bare bulb look we had going on before. There will be different sconces on the other wall, but their bases are smaller than the boxes in the walls that the cords come out of, so, there will unfortunately be more plastering and dust in our future.


Last weekend I finished painting the toilet. I love it! The bottom colour is the colour that we had originally chosen for the main room. I think it looks much better in here.


And now that the baseboards are installed, we can finally start putting things against walls. We saw the floor in the centre of the room for the first time in almost a month tonight! It was dusty.


And don't worry Howard, your atelier is still alive and well. But getting smaller....

3 comments:

Alex said...

Nice work !

A funny little game on your pics : after the old "Where is Charly", the new awesome game: "Where are the glasses of wine"...

Little trick : not on all pics, thankfully ! :)

Katie Dawn said...

So... I first read the part about painting the toilet and, being Canadian, I assumed you painted the actual toilet... and then thought you were pretty enthusiastic about a toilet.

but it all makes sense now.

glad i cleared that up!

nice work on the renos!!!

katie

nlm said...

It's looking fabulous guys -- it should be in perfect condition for us to come stay ;-)