Sunday, October 31, 2010

Meat Hand



We had a special Halloween themed dinner tonight.

Inspired by these two bloggers, I decided that we would be making meat hand for dinner.



It was delicious.



We gave it one thumb up.



I don't really know what to say, other than that it is meatloaf shaped into a hand and baked until delicious. Erik took the time to carefully craft finger nails and a wrist bone out of potato. It's definitely the weirdest thing that has ever come out of our kitchen, but I'm hoping it will become a Halloween tradition.



To accompany the hand, we roasted these cute little potimarron squash.



And we'll be eating this applesauce cake for dessert as soon as I finish this post. The icing is delicious, and the cake smells great, so I assume it will be a hit.

Edited to add that the cake was in fact delicious, and that it was well worth unwrapping the 12 squares of Kiri cheese to make the cream cheese icing. You should make it now!

2 comments:

Steve and Yoshimi said...

I dont mean to come-off as judgemental or anything...but that is disgusting. Even for a guy well seasoned in Japan as far as dishes that 'challenge the limits of edible', altho I turned the other cheek at my brother eating "blood sausage", this is unacceptable... (not that I wouldn't have loved to try it!)

Jing said...

that is creep-tastic.