Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Toronto 4

Our last two days we got to spend lots of time with Christy, and she was lucky enough (and hungry enough) to come and have brunch at Sneaky Dee's. Brunch was good, but I still regret not having ordered nachos.


Erik's standard: Burro Favorito and a Ceasar. Breakfast of champions. Or grad students.

We walked off that meal through Queen West, an area that I enjoyed so much we went back again the next day to do some last minute shopping. We had cocktails and poutine in a nice sunny booth at some place on Bathurst, before madly rushing home to get ready for the wedding.



Saturday morning we had a great French brunch (something that doesn't exist in France. +1 Canada for finding a French solution to brunch) at Le Select, and by that point I was pretty sure that I wasn't ready to go back to Paris.

But Christy dropped me off at the airport, and one overnight flight later I was standing at the baggage claim at CDG trying to decide if I should be the polite Canadian or the pushy French and elbow my way to the front of the crowd so that I could actually see my bag when it came out. It finally arrived, and the RER got me home quickly, and the market was going, so I wandered sleepily through that before dragging myself to Easter brunch at a friends house.

And then Erik came home on Saturday, after having gone directly from Toronto to San Francisco for the week.

As much as I love Toronto, I certainly can't say that I'm unhappy here in Paris, especially now that the weather is starting to warm up. Paris is lovely in the springtime, and for now, this is our home, and it certainly is sweet.

No comments: