Sunday, May 01, 2011

Toronto



For our Easter vacation this year we went to Toronto, for the first time in 3 years. I loved Toronto so much when we lived there, and I have to admit that I was apprehensive about returning, and worried that it would make me homesick for Canada. Let's just say that the novelty of France has worn off, and that the charms of France are sometimes not so charming. So let's keep score and see what country comes out on top!

For the first four days we stayed with our friends Nancy and Daryl and their two sweet girls Grace and Poppy.



Upon arriving at the house, Erik was thrilled to be handed a beer and sent downstairs to watch hockey. Oh, hockey, how I don't miss you (+1 for France).

We had a great time hanging out with the girls, and braving the freezing cold temperatures (+1 France) when we ventured out for coffee.



No trip to Canada could be complete without some Tim Horton's. (+1 Canada for the doughnuts)




Score: France 2, Canada 1

1 comment:

hiro said...

+1 for Canada for the doughnuts from my part, too!!! I miss doughnuts too... No doughnuts in Italy either >_<