Friday, October 27, 2006

You know what's great about the holidays?

You get to catch up on all the things you don't have time for when you're working.

Like watching the season finale of Desperate Housewives (season 2--does Mike really die???).

And taking all those middle of the day fitness classes.

And going to the doctor.

And spending time with long lost friends.

Like my good old friend the 24hr blood pressure cuff.

Except that it's not a long lost friend, it's a friend I hoped I'd never see again. Sigh. I'm feeling sorry for myself, but hopefully doing this thing for the THIRD time will finally clear up the question of whether or not I have white coat syndrome. Cause I'm getting tired of going to the doctor and getting blood pressure readings that are through the roof.

Plus I have to pay for this one. The so called 'free' system here hasn't seemed to be very free yet, as I've had to pay for absolutely everything. This all day blood pressure fun (called MAPA here) is running me a cool 90euros.

I bet I could buy a nice pair of shoes with all that.

sigh. I'll have to rent a video instead. Limiting my activity to short 15 minute bursts is virtually impossible. And nothing looks stupider than the person who has to stop walking in the middle of the street amidst whirring and clicking sounds for 60sec.

No comments: