Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sweet Treats

My sweet tooth has reared it's ugly head again lately, and as a result, I've been perusing the grocery store in search of new remedies for this continuing problem.


I usually reach for a vanilla yogurt after lunch, but I have been getting tired of them lately, and we've developed quite a collection of those terra cotta pots, so I've moved onto something else. Flanby. I first discovered this treat as the dessert/cheese course of the nursery school lunch. It's a tasty, slightly sweet vanilla flan with a burnt caramel sauce. And when you dump it into a bowl, it jiggles like jello. Very fun.


The other recent purchase was a box of Petit Ecolier cookies. A nice butter cookie with a piece of chocolate on top. Add a glass of milk, and you've got a complete snack, as recommended on the back of the box. I often see kids eating entire boxes of these on their way home from school with their nounous (nannys). But they're tasty, and if you get the dark chocolate kind, not too sweet. I have yet to eat an entire box in one sitting though.

That's about it for now. We went to the Quebec bar on Friday night, and enjoyed a game of scrabble in French. It's harder than it sounds. I also took a picture of one of the signs with Canada crossed off of it, but unfortunately it's on my phone, and I can only get pictures off my phone with Erik's computer, and the computer is, unfortunately, dead. So, either the new computer with have an infra red port, or next time we go I'll bring the camera.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those Petit Ecolier are damn good - and I am pretty sure that I could easily polish a whole box off in one sitting!!

Daryl has a buddy that claimed the same of a box of Girl Guide cookies - the discussion escalated to him boasting to being able to devour several boxes in one sitting. The next day one of the other traders shows up with multiple boxes and in the boardroom of a bank that shall remain anonymous (to protect the guilty) 5 boxes were devoured and promptly vomitted back up all over the boardroom.

The moral of the story - one box is probably enough.