Monday, February 20, 2006

Not Your Regular Fat Free Yogurt

But it is definetly the most delicous yogurt I have ever tasted!














Zoe introduced us to these lovely little pots of yogurt when we had dinner at her house on Saturday. I was sold by the fact that they come in super cute terra cotta pots. It helped that it was some pretty tasty plain yogurt.

I decided to pick some up when I was at the Champion today. When I caught myself licking the inside of the pot after I'd finished eating one, I thought I should write about it.










When we first got here, I was having a hard time finding good fat free yogurt. I've figured out why it's so difficult to find. Why the heck would you want to eat the fat free kind, when you can get the full fat kind that tastes amazing? Who cares how many calories are in it? I did buy some regular stuff to see me through the week, but I think Nutella has some competition for best snack (I bought some more of that too).

The ones I got today were vanilla flavored. It said on the package 'flavored with the essence of real vanilla beans' and I was kind of hoping that there would be flecks of vanilla bean in the yogurt, but there wasn't. It didn't matter. It still tasted vanilla-y, but not to sweet, and nice and thick and creamy. Kind of like ice cream, but better, because it doesn't melt and it's not as sweet.

Just thought I'd share it with you. I've been trying to figure out why I write so much about food. I've decided it's because it takes up a large part of my day. I do enjoy cooking and eating, but I'm grocery shopping every day of the week (except for Sunday, but that's another story). It's hard not to think about it when you're heading to the grocery store or the market trying to decide what to eat. It's a big change from the once a week/every two weeks kind of shopping that we used to do in Toronto.

No comments: