Saturday, April 03, 2010

Hey, remember us?

My mom keeps telling me that she's been checking the blog for updates, and well, you may have noticed it's been awhile.

Since nothing is new with the apartment, I must have just let it slide a little.

But today is Erik's birthday, so I guess that's as good a reason to post as any. I made this cake (well, I made it as a cake as opposed to cupcakes, and do all cakes use so much butter???), and while it's not really dinner time yet, we've already tried it, and it is quite delicious. We had a great dinner last night at l'Office (a rather nice review over here), our second visit, and definitely not our last. I've gotten into the habit of making us dinner reservations for Friday night after the gym. We've tried quite a few new places lately, and this is one of our favorites. The list of places to try in Paris is always growing, and seeing as we never eat at home on Fridays, it seemed like a good excuse to start checking them out.

Spring has sprung in Paris, the tulips are blooming in our courtyard, and despite a couple weeks of sun and warm temperatures, we are back to drizzly gray, never venturing out without an umbrella, something that seems to be standard fare here in gay Paree (although perhaps gray Paree would be more appropriate...)

Happy Easter, I hope the Easter bunny is good to you! (random French fact: did you know that Passover in French is 'paques juive'? The literal translation is Jewish Easter. I'm off to see if Wikipedia has some answers for me...)
:)

No comments: