Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Apples, anyone?

So I made a discovery at the grocery store yesterday. The Canada Apple. I haven't had an apple since we left Canada, and I'm missing a good old McIntosh, so I thought I'd give it a try.

First of all, I have never seen an apple like this in my life. Its not red, and not green, but a brownish green colour. And the skin has a texture, reminiscent of a kiwi. Anyway, it definetly wasn't the best apple I'd ever had...but I'm not a huge fan of Delicious apples, and it kind of had a texture like that inside.

Just thought everyone would like to know that Canada is well represented here...in the food form, anyway (Quebec Maple Syrup also seems to be quite popular. It even has its own section on the Canadian Embassy in France website. Canadian Foods and Maple Syrup. We're so proud!)

P.S. Apparently the apple has a real name! Mom has just informed me that it is likely a russett apple, and one of my Grandma's favorites! There you go. Here's a picture (of the Golden Russett, couldn't find the regular one)

No comments: