Friday, November 25, 2005

I spoke too soon

It snowed! Not the sticking around kind of snow, more like the big flaky raindrops kind. And I dutifully carried my umbrella around all day yesterday, only to be caught without it today, when I really needed it!


Went and looked at the Arc de Triomphe, very spectacular. Can't wait to go to the top and check out the "etoile" (traffic star) from above. Then I walked down the Champs Elysses. Some highlights included people queuing to get into the Louis Vuitton store, and the car dealerships that had crazy Christmas displays inside. So much so that I wasn't sure what they were selling at first till I looked at the signs...Peugot. Renault. Duh. That would explain why the shiny new car is in the middle of everything. For some reason the Toyota dealership wasn't looking very festive. Must be a French thing. I also thought it was kind of funny to even have car dealerships on the street. Imagine Bloor St. in Yorkville with a Toyota storefront in between Chanel and Gucci.

I also felt very Parisian when I was able to help someone with directions in the subway station. Well, maybe not directions, but I was able to tell her what station she was at. In French, of course. Unfortunately couldn't tell the other two ladies that asked me for help where the Grand Palais was. I'll look for that one day when I'm not soaking wet.

C'est tout!

Now the question is do I go back out into the snow to scrounge up some food for dinner, or should we just have crepes?

No comments: