Friday, November 18, 2005

Stairs!

So, we are lucky enough to have a fabulous stairmaster in our apartment.


The only reason I can see to use this machine is if you never leave the house. There is a much more scenic and 'natural' stairmaster just outside our front door.

Our neighbourhood is quite hilly, and the dome at the top of Sacre Coeur is actually the highest point in Paris (this might explain why we are able to see the Eiffel Tower from our bedroom window). On our first walk, we were reminded of San Fransico.

Anyway, I thought I would share my new workout routine with all of you. It begins with these stairs.


These stairs bring you up to the side of Sacre Coeur, where there are more stairs to get to the basilica.


Here are some more pictures, just because it's so beautiful:



So, a trip down the stairs in front of Sacre Coeur brings you to tourist central (am I becoming a Paris snob already?:)), and it was fun to listen to the Japanese tourists (I picked out some 'Iie des ka's'--not quite sure how that related to the sightseeing, but who cares?)


Polish off the trip with a stop at the baguette store (sorry, no picture of that), and then up the stairs to our 5th (actually 6th, but the french start counting floors on the second) floor apartement. I think we're the only ones who actually take the stairs, as there is an elevator, but I figure its more fun than hanging out on the stairmaster in the bathroom.



Well, thats about it. I hope you enjoy the pictures, and stay tuned for more fun France experiences.

1 comment:

Jing said...

Nice! It looks so beautiful and sunny there. It just started snowing here in Toronto.

Also I started a blog too.
imajing.blogspot.com