Friday, April 14, 2006

It's My Birthday!

Is there anything better than getting phone calls on your birthday from people who love you? I don't think so... it was definetly the highlight of my day, thank you to everyone who called, or tried to call. I love hearing from all of you!

It's been a pretty good birthday, as far as birthdays go. I worked until 1:oo, when my camp ended, and officially began my 'vacation'. It's a good feeling. Karina is on her way here, and we are going out to the airport tomorrow to pick her up. Here are some pictures from Joan and Howard, dropping her off at the airport in Edmonton. We can't wait to see her!



















Aside from getting the place ready for our guest, we managed to fit in some celebration. Erik and I met Zoe at the 'Time Machine' the cafe just next to our building. A couple of drinks later, we headed to our favourite Vietnamese place for dinner, then back to our place for Pink Champagne, something I've been asking for since we saw it at the Grande Epicerie a couple of weeks ago. It was very pink, and very tasty, and will hopefully become a birthday tradition. We also enjoyed a TinTin tin of chocolate cookies, purchased partly because the name was so funny, and partly because the tin was so cool.

So here I am, 27 years old, and ready to take on another year in this world...this past year has been pretty amazing (to reiterate (sp?) Erik's birthday speech: wedding, honeymoon to Japan, move to Paris, all in one year), I don't know if I could ask for anything more, but who knows what this year has in store for us. I guess it really it doesn't matter if I have Erik to face it with :)

Happy Easter (or Good Friday, all you who had the day off!).

No comments: