Thursday, April 27, 2006

A Pain in the.....

Neck, arm, leg, foot, ankle, ab.

We joined a gym.

On Tuesday night Erik and I went for a free session at the gym close to our house. We were both happy with what we found, and went back tonight to pay up. And work out again.

It's been about 8 months since I took a fitness class, and the class I took on Tuesday was tough! I could feel my muscles tightening up before we even got home. It's probably been about that long since Erik did weights, and he has been just as sore in his upper body for the past two days. We decided to solve the problem by working out some more. Don't know if it's going to make us feel any less sore, but it sure feels good to be hitting the gym again! Running is great, but I definetly get a better work out in a fitness class. The fewer opportunities for me to wimp out the better!

*******
On an unrelated note, I was happy to find out on Tuesday that my Wednesday school had been flooded and I wouldn't have to work (I made 24 phone calls in French to my students' parents. I think I've mastered the phrase 'l'ecole est innondee, alors il n'aurait pas de cours demain' with the appropriate accent on 'demain' making it sound like 'deman'--however as I write this sentence, I'm wondering about the conjugation of 'n'aurait'. Dad?). We got more details today, and it seems like a large part of the school has been severely damaged. 60% of the library collection was underwater on Tuesday night, and the water rose to the tenth row of seats in the auditorium. As happy as I am to not have to be working again this Saturday, it makes me feel sick to think of the amount of work and material that has been lost, and my heart goes out to the teachers who are basically going to have to start from scratch in their classrooms with less than two months left in the school year.

No comments: