Monday, May 29, 2006

Erik and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

I woke up tired this morning. I didn't sleep well because I ate too much at the BBQ yesterday.

It rained on my way up the stairs to school, and I didn't have my umbrella.

When I got to school, the meeting that was supposed to start at 9:30 and last 40 minutes started at 10:00 and lasted two hours. And the room was freezing!

Everyone in the lab is at a conference in Nice, where it's 30C. It's cold and rainy here today.

The salad that I brought for lunch today opened up in my bag and spilled dressing everywhere.

I dropped pepperoni from my replacement lunch pizza down the front of my white shirt.

The automatic lights turned out while I was going to the bathroom.

The NSERC office lost both copies of the application form I sent for the next installment of my fellowship. I can't send another one until next week because they have (had) the original and Pere needs to sign it.

The oven broke (again) while dinner was cooking.

AND when I was putting hot sauce on my pizza for dinner, it came out too fast and my pizza was too spicy.

I have to wear my railroad pyjamas to bed tonight. And I hate railroads!

I think I'll move to Nice.

Torie says everyone has bad days.

Even in Nice.


**inspired by one of Torie's favorite stories, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, by Judith Viorst.

No comments: