Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Curry Pan



It's 3:00. I'm still in my pyjamas, and still wearing my glasses, and have spent the better part of today (and yesterday) creating this delightful snack and reading Harry Potter.

Yes folks, it's curry-pan, a deep fried bun filled with Japanese-style curry. Erik and I fell in love with this snack that was readily available at all the combinis we visited both times we were in Japan. And since I'm now officially on vacation and have nothing better to do than avoid the rain, I decided I had to give it a try. And despite the amount of time required to make both the curry (dinner last night) and then the buns, both recipes were fairly easy.

So, if you're in the neighbourhood, feel free to stop by for a snack. :)

Recipes can be found here and here.

No comments: