Saturday, July 07, 2007

Tears of Joy

otherwise knows as TGIWs (or Thank Goodness it Works!!!).

I couldn't have been happier this afternoon.

After a long week of summer school, which involved lots of squeezing my hips into chairs built for three year olds, convincing kids to eat lunches that were really not that appetizing, and repeatedly trying to get the same three boys to stop wrestling each other, not to mention setting off the school alarm and my colleague breaking a molar on a piece of bread, I was quite happy to discover upon my return home today that our beloved elevator WAS WORKING!!!

Nothing tarnishes the joys of returning home after a gruelling day at work more than the thought of climbing up seven flights of stairs, especially after having stood on the two different metro trains home, and for most of the day. I can't say that we've gotten used to taking the stairs in the month or so that the elevator has been out of service as it's been a bit of a tease to come into the building and see the elevator RIGHT THERE, and then notice the sign that announces it's unavailability until July 15th (yes, it's done early!!!). I have gotten into the habit of planning my day to involve the LEAST amount of trips up the stairs of death, and it is slightly amusing to welcome guests into your home in the very breathless state that most people assume after finishing the climb (well, the breathlessness starts around the third floor, I think, for most people).

Anyway, that's my exciting news for today. There have been many other exciting things that have happened this week, but I'll have to share them with you tomorrow, because I am Tired.

Bonne Nuit!

No comments: