Sunday, March 26, 2006

Daylight Savings

Erik and I were busy today getting the house cleaned up, and dinner ready for our meal tonight. We thought we were doing quite well, and I was just getting started on dessert at 4:00. Weren't we surprised then to hear the buzzer.

"Who could it be?" we wondered.

I was Bicher and Roeline, an hour early, we thought. We quickly got dressed, and I finished up the dessert, and Erik got going on his risotto. Despite the headstart, the meal was fine, and it wasn't until we were having tea at the end that Bicher and Roeline start talking about moving their clocks ahead. Apparently today was the end (or start? I can never keep it straight) of Daylight Savings time. They weren't an hour early, they were actually right on time. Erik and I felt so stupid for having no idea.

So, for all of you wanting to call us, we're an hour ahead now, and I'm not sure when DS changes in Canada, so keep us posted.

For those who are interested, the dinner menu:
Appetizer:
Pear and Goat Cheese Tart, served with a green salad.

Main Course:
Chicken Breasts stuffed with mozzarella, rosemary and mushrooms; Erik's famous risotto

Cheeses:
Chaource; Roquefort; Cantal

Dessert:
Brownies

No comments: