Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Running

Yup, I'm still procrastinating.

I've figured out why I never saw anyone going for a run in our old neighborhood. It's because everyone seems to be jogging at the Jardin Luxembourg.

Erik and I decided to go for a run on Sunday. Our new place is close enough to the park, so we decided to head up there and do a couple of laps around the inside. It was about a five minute run up, then maybe 15 minutes to go around once. And it was packed! Not only with kids playing soccer, and sailing boats, but the paths were jammed with all sorts of people going for a run. Old people, young people, serious runners and casual runners (us). I still get a kick out of people who run with jauntilly (sp?) tied scarves. My scarves don't look that good when I'm trying. It was crazy. Some parts were so thick with people we had to slow down. Aside from the traffic though, it was a lovely place to run, and the sun was out, making the fact that it seems to be getting COLDER here less noticeable.

I went out again yesterday morning (I know, I'm a keener. If it makes you feel better, I'm eating chocolate right now. And I had a pastry on the way home from work. Things are going to get pretty dire if I don't start doing some kind of exercise). It wasn't nearly as busy, but there were still quite a few people out for a morning jog. If we could only find a way to fit a regular run into our schedule, we'd be all set. Although Erik seems to have had a pretty consistent routine of carrying laundry and ovens...which reminds me of one more thing I should do before getting to work on those reports. Buy a washing machine.

No comments: