Friday, January 13, 2006

It's Official!

I start my second job on Tuesday. What a relief! After a couple of weeks of waiting for my contract to be ready, it finally is, and it's time to start! This is the little kid job, and I'm super excited for it. The youngest kids will be two (yikes! Hope no one cries!) and the oldest are five. Mom brought me three resource books at Christmas that have been really helpful, and I've also been scouring the internet for other ideas. Any fond memories of activities you did at that age that you want to share? I'm going to do a winter theme for whats left of January, I think we'll start with snowmen because the other books I want still haven't been returned to the library. Thanks mom for the snowball activity, I'll have to give it a try.

Other things that are official:
  • Erik and I have been married for six months now! We're practically an old married couple :). Time flies when you live in Paris.
  • The sales have started! This is big news, folks, all (well, some) of the newpapers I saw on the train on Wednesday had "Les Soldes!" as their headline. January 11 until February 21 stores will be slashing their prices. Might be a good time for a winter getaway (did I mention it's been +5 for the past couple of days?) for all my shopping friends out there. I'm going to try and wait for the first pay cheque before checking them out. Note that I said try...
That's about it.

TGIF (for all you lucky people who don't have to work tomorrow...)

No comments: