Sunday, January 08, 2006

The Last Supper

Last night we had another 'Last Supper.' There have been many as people have been leaving, Karina's at Le Cercle, Howard and Joan's at l'Encrier, Steve managed to get a last supper and a last lunch (not surprising), but last nights was truly 'the last'. After a slow day, and a late lunch we ended up back at Le Cercle. My parents had just helped us carry over all the food from their house, and wanted to take back one of the bags that they had filled with stuff for us. We didn't want to bring the huge bag into the restaurant, and figured the Le Cercle would probably be quiet (it was) and close to home. I think we have officially adjusted to Parisian meal times, as it was 10:30 before we sat down, and probably almost an hour later by the time we started eating. The food was delicious, and we had a nice meal (topped off by the best creme brulee I've ever had. Mom and I were going to share, but we had to order another one when we finished the first, it was soo good! Nice and smooth, creamy, with a bit of orange flavour in it, and a nice thick layer of burnt sugar. Yummy!). It's been sad saying goodbye to everyone, but I know that our family has had a great time here, and we've enjoyed sharing Paris with them. The weather was appropriately grey and drizzly this morning as we said goodbye to my parents and closed up their house for the last time.

I'm sitting again at the table in our own apartment, surrounded by luggage. I still can't believe how much stuff we have, and the thought of unpacking it, only to have to pack it all up again in two months is not very encouraging. It took a total of 4 trips to get all our stuff over here from the parents place, and we had left three big suitcases here! C'est la vie, I suppose, and I'm sure we'll find somewhere to put it all.

I've got more pictures to share (Steve made us a copy of all of his), and I'll be updating past posts with the relevant pictures, so if you're interested, you might want to check back through the Holiday postings. I hope everyone is enjoying the last day of their holiday (for those of you who go back to work tomorrow) or their Sunday.

Take care,
Torie :)

No comments: