Tuesday, January 31, 2006

An Update on our SG Situation

Remeber that international cheque that Erik deposited in the middle of December? He was told it would take a week, and would be free....

Well, it just cleared last week, and was definetly not free at 40euros.

Erik is getting tips from his friends at work on how to best express his frustration at their incompetence. Apparently it is very French to say incredibly rude things in the politest way possible...I'll keep you posted.

My beef is that I no longer believe anything that they tell us. They lied about the cheque, and about how they were going to deal with the situation. Am I too trusting of a person to believe what I am told by someone who works in a bank?

Speaking of money, I also got my first pay stubs this month, and there are 19 different deductions on each of them. I can't really remember how many places my money went in Canada, but I have to say it's a lot less painful when you have no idea what any of the places are (some examples: A.G.S; AGFF T1; Retraite complementaire [complementary withdrawal? How nice of them to only take 3%...]; FNAL plafonne, to name a few). I guess I just have to 'trust' that my employers know what they are doing.

Ok, I have to admit that of the 19 deductions, about half of them are paid by the employer (I think...it just says 'charges patronales' and when I looked up 'patronales' I got a definition that implied either manager or employee).

No comments: