Saturday, January 28, 2006

Thank Goodness We're Going to Belgium!

It was cold this morning when I woke up. Cold like the time we woke up and the window had blown open. Except the windows were all closed. The rads were lukewarm and the water coming out of the taps was a couple of degrees below body temperature. It was cold!

Now, I know as a Canadian, nothing short of icicles coming out of the taps should phase me. I do feel bad complaining about the cold here, when its double digits below back home. I should be used to this kind of thing. But let's be honest. I'm not. I'm the kind of Canadian that prefers the steamy hot summers to the icy cold winters. I don't like the cold. I don't like being cold. I don't like showering in cold places with cold water. And I'm always cold in the winter.

Apparently the hot water and heating in our building are broken, and wont be fixed until Monday. Happy week-end to you too!

Thank goodness we're going to Belgium!

No comments: